- On what possible level can you even begin to justify having more than $9 million worth of starting goalies fighting each other in a meaningless exhibition game?
- Notwithstanding the above, can we all agree that goalie fights are the greatest?
This is what happens when I pay even a passing attention to the NHL. Somehow my urge to watch hockey is at a five- or six- year low.
That said, there seems to be more noise in the blog-o-sphere which are sounding tired of fighting. A couple of entries:
- What’s The Deal?: Fighting After A Clean Hit Without Instigator Penalty
- NHLers fight through loophole in rule book
- I Don't Know What The Code Is Anymore
- There’s no need for all this NHL preseason fighting
I'm still following things, even if disinterestedly, so my interest level is still higher than 2005 when it was "who cares?" But I wonder how much of even this minimal interest level is sheer inertia.